The history of Buchholz Hydraulik began in 1884 with a workshop foundation in Kiel. Even until today, we are a mid-sized family business which is run by the owners now in its fourth generation.
Since the foundation of Buchholz Hydraulik in 1959 our focus has been on the development and production of customized valves for mobile hydraulics.
As a competent development partner we support our customers throughout the entire project – from designing the system to putting it into operation and optimizing it in the vehicle. This successful concept has enabled us to establish ourselves as experts in individual hydraulic solutions and their implementation.
Every year, about 165,000 control valves are developed and produced by a current workforce of 350 operating on a total surface area greater than 20,000 square metres. Our business year 2017 achieved a turnover of about €68m.
Operating on three continents, we respond to the challenges of our globalized world as a supplier to renowned manufacturers of industrial trucks and construction machinery, the automotive industry and the maritime industry.
The workshop foundation Julius Buchholz und S?hne founded in Kiel
The company Buchholz Hydraulik founded by Helmut Buchholz in Kiel
Relocation and considerable expansion to production capacity
Specialisation in forklift applications, ISO 9001: 2000 certificate
Buchholz Hydraulics of America founded
Sixth expansion to the Kiel production area, now exceeding 20,000 square metres
Buchholz Hydraulics of China founded